Monday, April 27, 2015

Healing the Heart Chakra

The Heart Chakra is the wellspring of love, warmth, compassion, and joy. It is green in color and of course, located at the heart center. It is the center of your deep bonds with other beings, your sense of caring and compassion, your feelings of self-love, altruism, generosity, kindness, and respect. The heart chakra is an integrating and unifying chakra - bringing to wholeness the three chakras above with the three chakras below - as such, it is your healing center. Indeed, most spiritual traditions recognize love as the ultimate healing force.

The "way of the heart" is living your life from this energy center of love. It means living your life with loving kindness and compassion towards others. It means that your heart is open to others and you inspire kindness and compassion in others. You create a safe and supportive environment when this chakra is open and functioning.



Others can feel your love and warmth. They feel loved and accepted unconditionally. People feel at peace around you, as there is no judgment coming from you. When the heart chakra is open and energy is flowing freely, you are not only loving to others, you are also loving to your self. You know when you need to say no and when you need care and self-nurturing.

All of the seven chakras are important and while I cannot say that the Heart Chakra is the most important, I do want to say that it is very important. Most of the world's spiritual traditions recognize love as the unifying force, the energy that is the most fundamental part of the universe, and of ourselves. To open to love is to reach to the deepest places and connect with our true essence, our spirit, and our soul.

If the heart chakra is closed or unbalanced one can feel paranoid, unworthy of love, afraid of getting hurt, hypertension, insomnia, difficulty breathing, heart disease, asthma, lungs, circulation, and shoulders and upper back pain. To help open this chakra Cobra, Forward Bend and Camel pose are excellent. Such gems as rose quartz, watermelon tourmaline, and kunizite help. At a higher vibration the heart is the color of pink. Chakracises include hugging yourself, 8 pushups even if against wall or 8 breast strokes in air to help move stuck energy.

Reading this affirmation also helps:
I sit alone with my heart and I ask the divine spark of Father God to blend with the intuitive wisdom of Mother Earth to open my heart to all they have to offer, to integrate their love into a self-love that overflows to all that I come in contact with. Search my heart for all suppressed emotions, for any resentments or buried anger. Find the guilt and bring it to all to the surface and bathe it in your light. Let me forgive myself and all others who have caused me any harm. May they forgive me if I have caused harm. Let me embrace your love as I fall in love with this new self forgiven, cleansed and filled with hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment