Tuesday, July 17, 2018

PSYCH-K, How to change your belief systems for better health!

Healing Belief Systems

I'm a big believer in mind over body even though I work with the body every day. It is actually my respect for the body and the healing journey that allows me to have such respect for the mind as well.  When a patient comes to me and tells me that they can't sleep because their job is so stressful I believe them.  For what they believe is their truth and not working with their truth won't help me or the patient.  My goal then, as the healer, is to help the body on the physical level to manage the stress from their job so they can sleep better.  I've had a lot of success in helping people this way but sometimes I see that the stress is just too much and then I dig deeper and figure out with the patient what stress management needs to be implemented.  These lifestyle changes to help the patient deal with their stress so it's not creating such chaos in their body is key.  But sometimes even with implementing lifestyle changes the insomnia continues or they are literally too stressed out and overwhelmed so they can't implement the changes.  It is in these cases I feel like my ability to help them on their journey is limited.

I've been in practice for over 12 years and it doesn't happen often but when I don't think I can help a patient I'm always at a loss to tell them what would help because if I knew what that would be I would be doing it!


I figured out a missing piece to the puzzle recently which is our belief systems can get in the way of our healing capacity.  What the mind thinks really does play a part, not just in health but in all aspects of our life.  It's not only what we think but also our subconscious that plays a part.  The subconscious brain with the autonomic nervous system controls the heart beat, allows you to digest your food without thinking, allows scars to heal without you having to do anything, is said to control about 95% of what is truly going on.  Studies show that what you think even effects your genes! For more info on this watch my video on The Biology of Belief.

I read the book, Biology of Belief, by Bruce Lipton years ago and was fascinated with the research that shows how genes actually change expression with different thoughts but he had no way to explain how to change this mind-body connection to help people. He just knew that it happened.  I finally found the answer when one of my patients mentioned to me a muscle testing technique called PSYCH-K® which I am now certified in and am loving the results I am seeing in the office! 

PSYCH-K's motto is 'an evolution of consciousness' which I couldn't agree more with.  It really does have the ability to help you identify belief patterns that no longer serve you and then reprogram new belief systems so you can live the life you want.  This reprogramming is due to using specific neurological techniques to build new neural pathways and take out the electric charge of old neurological pathways.  

We all know when we are being triggered by someone or a situation.  Our eyes get small, our heart beats faster, we hold our breath and hopefully watch what comes out of our mouth next.  Whether the feeling is anger, shame, guilt, sadness our body is going 100 miles a second having it's own reaction to what is happening while the brain is also going 100 miles a second having whatever emotions you would label it. With both the brain and body going 100 miles a second we tend to overreact and say things or do things we later regret.  What if we could stop this reaction on the neurological level and have the body and brain not overreact?  What would your life look like if you thought clearly through every situation and could act accordingly?  What if you could follow through on every goal you set for yourself?  There is no limit to what you could do!

If you are interested in learning more about PSYCH-K or want to book an appointment that could be done in person or over Skype just email or call the office.  Appointments are $75 for 15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment