Sunday, March 24, 2019

Stink Movie

Chemical Poisoning: Watch the movie Stink

I know there are a lot of chemicals in the average American household.  Formaldehyde is in new clothes and new furniture. Petroleum is in baby oil and body lotions, Dry cleaning is a toxic gas that can get on all clothes in the closet, not just the ones you get dry cleaned. Perfumes are chemicals as well but did you know that it could be the same chemicals that are in your toilet bowl cleaner?  The movie Stink (on Netflix or for purchase on iTunes) was really eye-opening that way.  I knew we were living in a toxic world but I didn't know how toxic until I saw this documentary done by Jon Whelan. Jon could smell the toxins coming from his kids pjs so he called up the company and after being told it was classified information and he couldn't know what they were putting in the pjs he knew he had a story to uncover.

I am aware of how many chemicals can be carcinogenic but I assumed the science just hasn't caught up with the manufacturing companies so when I watched the movie I was surprised that the companies were also aware that they are putting carcinogenics into their products.  They know they are killing people and they don't change it. Many times these cancer causing chemicals are labeled under the word 'fragrance'.  I assumed that if companies had the awareness that things would change but that won't work.  The only thing left is to raise the consumers awareness of it so the consumers buy something else and this movie does a great job of making us aware.
If you think you have been using toxic products in your house and want to detox heavy chemicals let me know at your next visit and even bring in a few products if you want to test the products directly with your body to see what harm they may be doing.   



No comments:

Post a Comment