Saturday, July 23, 2016

No Stress Bone Broth Powder

Bone broth is a wonderful, medicinal drink to help heal the gut, immune system, skin, hair, and brain.  I have written on it's health benefits before and in my office have handouts with recipes.  Even though simmering a bone for hours sounds easy sometimes it's hard for my patients to comply.  It's only worth making if the bone is organic and sometimes that can be hard to find.  The broth is also a warm drink that can be hard to drink in the heat of the summer.  So I went looking for alternatives to making your own and found some online companies where you can buy it but it's on the expensive side.  Bare and Bones has a great one but with shipping it is $90 for 6 pounds of it.  In my research, a patient actually brought  to my attention, Epigenetic Labs that makes a bone broth powder.  How convenient!  I already do a morning shake for most of my breakfasts and instead of protein powder I would try the bone broth powder that is 20 grams of protein for a scoop.  I bought the original for $49 for about 25 scoops (chocolate and vanilla are sweetened with stevia which are great options for the original does have to be hidden in a smoothie).  



Besides a great source of protein the bone broth helps heal the gut, grow healthier nails, skin and hair and is great brain food!  A wonderful way to start the day!  So you can add just water or milk to the powder or make a smoothie.  Here's the recipe I use for my morning smoothie with my Ninja blender:

1/2 an avocado with the pit
1 cup spinach
1 scoop bone broth powder
1 Tbsp. flax seeds
8 cocoa beans
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1Tbsp. bee pollen
1/2 inch turmeric root
1/2 inch ginger root
1/2 inch sunchoke
1 Tbsp. spirulina

No comments:

Post a Comment