- Turmeric milk helps build immunity
- Helps sleep
- It is a good remedy for digestive problems.
- It supports the liver.
- Helps fight cancer
- Clarifies the skin.
- Gives relief from autoimmune diseases
- Good for fighting Alzheimer's disease
How do you make golden milk?
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- ½ inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper or 2 black peppercorns, crushed
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- *Optional 2 tsp raw organic honey or pure maple syrup for the vegan version
- Whisk coconut milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, coconut oil, black pepper, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have melded, about 10 minutes.
- Do Ahead. Golden milk can be made 5 days ahead and reheated.
A great place to buy a golden milk latte with almost any type of milk you want is at Dr. Smood with the closest one to the office being on Lexington Ave at 47th St.