Saturday, January 2, 2016

Quintessence Restaurant

I was lucky enough to have a dear friend of mine take me out on New Year's Eve to the East Village and show me a few gems of health food stores and restaurants before doing an 1130pm yoga class to celebrate the New Year. After eating dinner at Souen, a macrobiotic restaurant, we walked to Quintessence for dessert. Going out for dessert is not something I do so I thought this would be worth blogging about especially since it tasted so good!

Not only is Quintessence gluten-free and sugar-free but also raw and vegan! They not only serve sweets but also lunch and dinner. The menu includes crepes made from yam, apricot, avocado, vanilla, and coconut flakes. They have cashew cheese, fresh coconut water, squash coconut bread and so much more!



In their desserts they don't use refined sugar but coconut sugar or stevia instead. Their ice cream is made of a fresh blend of ice, a natural fat like coconut, avocado, or nuts with fruit or other flavors and sweeteners that whip up into a creamy frozen treat. Their most popular dessert is pecan pie which I will have to go back and try. For my first time I decided to go for chocolate and ordered this:

Pavé de Chocolate Raspberry: $12 (ala mode $15)

This divine creation features a crunchy pecan-date ganache sandwiched between two chewy almond chocolate fudge cakes, coated with a raspberry infused hard dark chocolate coating with white chocolate highlights.

Ingredients: Pecans, Almonds, Dates, Cacao, Coconut Sugar, Sea Salt, Raspberry Flavor, and Stevia
To find out more go to Quintessence

I also ordered their cranberry chaga tea which was just sweet enough that I didn't have to add any honey. Chaga tea is made from the chaga mushroom which has lots of health benefits because of their high antioxidant levels. It helps boost the immune system, have anti-cancer effects, decrease stress and help the skin glow. With all of those health benefits how can you not drink it?!

I raise my chaga tea cup up, in celebration for a healthy, happy New Year! Let's make it a great 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment